|The Golf Research Group is the world’s leading consultant and publisher of business information to the golfing industry.The success of any golf-related project depends on the most accurate and up-to-date information available. We are the world’s most authoritative resource of this information.|
We maintain a database of every golf car fleet in the world.
There are now 923,000 golf cars in use on courses.
In the USA 54% of cars are electric, in Europe 31% are electric.
In North America there are 47 cars per course, the rest of the world averages 9 cars per course. The average age of cars in use at courses is 3.5 years.
- Courses in 119 countries – 59% in U.S.A. – 56m now play golf.
- Worldwide 7,000+ new courses in 10 yrs (30% increase)
- 1991 – Over 900 new courses; now below 500 p.a.
- International trade in golf goods – $2bn p.a.
- Exports: 1. USA $610m p.a., 2. China $590m p.a.
- Imports: Japan is the largest $328m p.a.
There are now 5,411 courses in Europe. This market has demonstrated amazing growth with 1,738 new courses in ten years, an 80% increase. Over this period 110% more Europeans are now playing and similar growth is predicted during the next decade.